Tuesday 9 September 2014

TATTOOS, DRINKING AND GROWING UP

I do not turn 18 for another eight months, but I am sure those eight months are going to fly right on past me just as the previous 208 months have. I don't like that I am growing and ageing at the rate I am, I feel like I should be at the age where it's acceptable to not be able to read properly and where having shoes that make a light show whenever you stamp you feet hard enough makes you the coolest kid in school. I want to stay at the age when nobody expects anything from me! 

I have been trying to savour every part of my 'youth' before it disappears (if you couldn't tell), however there are some things that I am looking forward to about growing up.


I am looking forward to being the legal age to get ink shallowly scratched into my skin and I am looking forward to properly living up to my title of 'mother of the group' and taxiing my friends home after a sloppy drinking session.

I don't feel the necessity to celebrate my 18th with the messiest drinking session ever experienced, as I know some of my friends are edging towards, because I am not a big drinker and that is why I am not fussed about celebrating my 18th. Most of the times I have had alcohol have not been experiences I care to remember and those times where all brought on because I was ignoring the fact I didn't enjoy the taste one single bit.


I would much sooner, after a long and possibly stressful day, treat myself to a hot bath, cold glass of water and bar of chocolate than have a glass of alcohol. Now this isn't me saying "I wont ever drink alcohol in any capacity ever in my life EVER!" because there was a time that I didn't like the taste of coffee, and I managed to get over that, I am saying however that drinking on my 18th, or anyone else 18th isn't going to be something I am looking to do.


What were/are you most looking forward to for your 18th?


Natasha